please visit our sponsors

Monday 8 February 2010

Introduction

Share
The idea of this website was to discuss the various goings-on of modern day football, focusing primarily (but not exclusively) on Leeds United. As is often the case with such projects whilst setting the blog up I decided to change focus a bit, I decided I would stick almost exclusively to footballing issues and supporter opinion as opposed to match previews and the like. So although we will have the odd preview and build up to the larger games, the JPT Final for instance should we overcome Carlisle (Typed with a straight face). I will be trying to solve the real issues like 'Why does Jonny Howson keep getting picked?' or the reason Casper Ankergren has the ability to be 'World Class' and 'Sunday League' in the space of several minutes...

The other surprising issue while setting this site up was regarding the name, after much deliberation I had settled on DirtyLeeds.com and decided to set about some artwork etc to get it up and running. The problem came when a current Leeds United messageboard, one that I am a member of, decided to change its name... Doonsroom.com became DirtyLeeds.com 24 hours before I was ready to purchase the domain! After years in the internet domain wilderness it had suddenly become very much in demand. Kindly the people responsible for the DirtyLeeds website have offered me the chance to be part of their site which I fully intend to take them up on. Hopefully it will work out nicely for both parties. I do intend to invite other members of DirtyLeeds.com to 'Guest Blog' on this site if they should wish to do so.

So I look forward to commenting and finger-pointing over the coming months and the latter part of a football season that still has the potential to be historic for Leeds United.
Share/Bookmark